Really I don’t know why I even bother to write out this recipe, it’s all there in the title. With all the fancyness going around these days I think we forget that sometimes the simpliest recipes are the best. This is one of the easiest, freshest, and most delightful of dishes to serve with a before dinner with a glass of wine (rose or sparkling would be lovely) or drinks. And, it is light enough not to spoil everyone’s appetite. I know I have a tendancy to fill up on all the wonderful starters laid out before a dinner party, sometimes I’m quite full by the time dinner is served. And that is a sad thing when a hostess has gone to so much trouble.
I used mangos this time because they have just started showing up at the market, but you could make this with melon or peaches or plums. Use what is in season and looks best at the market.
- Cubes of mango or other fruit is season
- 6 thin slices of prosciutto
- Mascarpone cheese
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Wrap bite sized cubes of fruit with a thin slice of prosciutto.
- Smear a dollop of mascarpone cheese across a serving dish.
- Set the wrapped cubes of fruit on the cheese to hold them in place.
- Drizzle with aged balsamic vinegar.
That is all there is to it. I’m going to take this to Fiesta Friday to serve to the Angie and her friends. There are so many delightful dishes served at the party, this won’t spoil anyone’s appetite.