Leftovers, I just love them. Here is a way to repurpose any leftover stuffing from Christmas. Any type will work although you might want to alter the type of cheese. I used goat cheese, parmesan would also be good. Toss in leftover greens to up the nutritional value.
I used leftovers from Kale and Caramelized Onion Stuffing in this strata but it would also have been delicious using my standard Sausage with Raisin Stuffing.
Leftover Stuffing Strata
- Leftover stuffing – I had about 4 cups
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half (or a mixture of cream and milk to make 2 cups)
- 4 oz of soft goats cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Liberally butter a 2 quart baking dish
- In a large bowl combine the stuffing, eggs, milky mixture, and crumbled goats cheese
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and let sit for at least 20 minutes to overnight
- Bake until the custard is set, this took about 55 minutes. If it was refrigerated, allow a few more minutes baking time.
- Let sit for 10 minutes once cooked before serving.
If you have more or less stuffing, adjust the components. It should be 1 egg and 1/2 cup of milk to each cup of stuffing.
I’m taking this to Fiesta Friday #98, folks are thinking about their Christmas menu, better plan for leftovers. There are two new co-hosts to assist Angie from the Novice Gardener, Sadhna @ Herbs, Spices and Traditions and Natalie @ Kitchen, uncorked.