How are you feeling? It’s day three if you are following along, time for protein. According to Haylie, Phase 2 is designed to unlock your fat stores. It’s 2 days of low carbohydrate, high protein foods. During these two days you will eat 3 high-protein, low-carb, low-fat meals plus 2 protein snacks.
Refer to the complete food list in the book.
Breakfast – Protein, veggie
Snack – Protein
Lunch – Protein, veggie
Snack – Protein
Dinner – Protein, veggie
The vegetables should be low-glycemic ones like leafy greens, which are also alkalizing. After the carbohydrate rich days which came before, this shakes things up a bit.
Expect to visit the bathroom more frequently if you are keeping up with your water.
Your menu could look like this:
Breakfast – 4 slices of turkey bacon (nitrate free) sautéed with sliced mushrooms and baby kale leaves
Snack – 1/4 cup of mixed raw nuts (no peanuts)
Lunch – Thinly sliced turkey breast wrapped around asparagus stalks (with mustard)
Snack – 1/4 cup of mixed raw nuts
Dinner – Sautéed steak with cabbage
Sautéed Turkey Bacon with Mushrooms and Baby Kale
- 4 slices nitrate free turkey breast
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- large handful of baby kale or baby spinach leaves
- Optional: pinch of red pepper flakes
- Cut the turkey bacon into 3/4 inch slices and saute in a non-stick skillet on medium until starting to brown.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and a tablespoon of water to the skillet.
- Saute until the mushrooms soften
- Add the handful of baby kale or spinach with the optional pepper flakes and keep stirring until wilted.
- Taste for salt, it may not need any as the turkey bacon is salty.
Note: if you are not on the diet, a couple of eggs scrambled in before the kale would be yummy!