This recipe comes from Pinch of Yum. They call it Miso Crunch Salad and you can find the link to their blog here. It’s Asian-ish and would go wonderfully with any grilled protein. They add shrimp to make it a full meal, chicken would be equally delicious, even some leftover grilled steak. I served this as a salad with gochujang marinated grilled chicken. Leftover chicken was added to the salad for lunch the next day.
The salad was still crunchy and delicious for lunch two days later. This would be a good salad to take to a party. It does contain peanuts but any other spiced nut would work. I only modified the recipe slightly, adding thinly sliced red onion and radishes.
- 1/3 cup of avocado or other neutral oil
- 1/3 cup of lime juice from 4-6 limes
- 1/4 cup of white miso
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 5 cups of shredded kale
- 5 cups of shredded cabbage (a cole slaw mix would work here)
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced red onion
- 4 thinly sliced radishes
- 1 cup of chili-flavored peanuts or something similar
- 2 avocados, chunked
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup of sliced scallions (optional)
- Shake the dressing ingredients together in a jar, whisk in a bowl, or mix in a small food processor until smooth. Add a few drops of water if it seems too thick.
- Toss the salad together with the dressing in a large bowl and massage slightly.
BBQ season is starting and the folks over at Fiesta Friday might want to keep this in their back pocket. It’s Fiesta Friday #483 hosted by Angie and co-hosted this week by Pauline @ Beautiful Voyager
Click on the link to view recipe, craft, and decorating posts.