A one pan dinner is handy to have in your back pocket. This easy idea is based on one from Williams Sonoma, it’s perfect for a quick midweek dinner. Slice some good bread and cut some juicy summer tomatoes to serve alongside. In that one pan you roast chicken quarters to brown deliciousness, adding the broccolini for the last 10 to 15 minutes. The whole is flavored with roast garlic and spiced up with a hot pepper. Dinner is served!
One Pan Chicken with Broccolini, Lemon and Garlic
- 4 whole chicken legs
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed with the side of a knife
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 fresh red chili, thinly sliced
- Position a rack in the upper third of your oven and pre-heat to 500 degrees F
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken legs, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the garlic, the salt and pepper. Turn to coat well with the seasonings.
- Arrange on a non-stick sheet pan and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim the broccolini by rinsing and cutting the ends. If any stems are thicker than 1/2 inch, cut them in half lengthwise. In a large bowl, toss together the broccolini, lemon, chili and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and arrange the broccolini around the chicken. Continue roasting until the chicken is cooked through and the broccolini is crisp-tender. That will be about 10-15 additional minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with additional lemon slices if desired.
I am taking this to share at Fiesta Friday #131, hosted by Angie. This weeks co-hosts are Su @ Su’s Healthy Living and Laura @ Feast Wisely. Click on the link to read the posts and join the party.