This avocado sauce is not quite a guacamole and not quite a salsa verde; but somewhere in the middle. A dollop is delicious on a burger, stirred into hummus, as a sauce for plain grilled chicken, or with a cauliflower croquette. It is easy and quick to make and will keep for a few days in the fridge. I think you will find lots of uses. I pinned and adapted this recipe from the blog Laylita’s Recipes.
- 1 bunch of cilantro, leaves roughly chopped
- ½ to 1 Serrano or Jalapeno pepper, stemmed and seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 limes – grated zest and juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped roughly
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and seeded
- ½ cup of olive or avocado oil
- Put the first 6 ingredients in the container of a food processor and process until roughly chopped.
- Add the avocado and turn the processor on and off a few times to mix.
- Add the olive oil and process until smooth.
I used the sauce to top cauliflower croquettes. Great flavor combination!
I am taking this sauce to Fiesta Friday to celebrate the end of the week with Angie and the gang at the Novice Gardener.