Chicken wings, who can resist them? Sticky, brown, crispy on the edges and tender in the middle…yum! The only way to eat them is with your hands. They are perfect picnic food if you bring along plenty of napkins and wet wipes.
This is a delicious sauce for wings. It uses only three ingredients and all of them are already commercially prepared. Quick and easy are the two words that come to mind. I usually cook from scratch, but I needed to make these in the morning before work for the picnic that evening. We were attending a concert by Mark Knopfler with a group of friends at the Greek Theater on the UC Berkeley campus. It was grass seating for us so we could spread out blankets and enjoy a shared feast. The weather was perfect, warm but not too hot, cooling as the evening progressed.
3 Ingredient Chicken Drumettes
- 4 oz or about 1/2 cup of Sweet Soy Glaze or Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of hot chili paste
- 2 dozen chicken drumettes
- Mix the soy glaze, vinegar and chili paste in a large bowl.
- Wipe the chicken dry with paper towels and add to the sauce in the bowl, mix to coat with the sauce.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spread the wings out on a parchment paper or aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Retain any sauce in the bowl.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, turn and baste with any remaining sauce. Discard any sauce left in the bowl.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and increase your temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Put back in the oven on an upper shelf and bake for another 10 minutes until brown and crisp. Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- Cool before packaging for a picnic and refrigerating.
As the night darkened, the moon came out. You can see the moon and Campanile in the background, then the lights of San Francisco in the distance.
It was a wonderful evening with good friends and good food!
I will be making these again to share at Fiesta Friday #87. Please join the fun at Angie’s The Novice Gardener.
We had a lot of fun! Thank you.
It looked like total fun and the chicken wow!
What a yummy chicken!
Three ingredients but full of flavor! Love the picture with the moon, the stage and the lights of San Francisco. Fun when you can capture such a beautiful shot!
It was fun watching the moon move across the sky during the concert. It started far to the left of the tower and was on the right by the time the concert ended. It is such a wonderful place to hear music and share food with friends. Thank you.
This is a super-easy recipe! Thanks for sharing ! Bookmarked it!
Hello Suchitra, it was easy. I put it together while getting ready for work in the morning. Thank you for visiting.
You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the highest quality blogs online. I most certainly will highly recommend this website!|