Use this easy and quick lime crema to add flavor to tacos, tostadas, nachos or drizzle it over a bowl of tortilla or black bean soup. During the warmer months I keep a small jar of it on hand to add a cooling (although you could make it ‘hot’) jolt of flavor. Dairy products will soften the heat of spicy foods.
I only used a tablespoon of finely minced jalapeno but feel free to add more if heat is your thing.
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of finely minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of finely minced jalapeno (or more to taste)
- pinch of kosher salt
- In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients, saving a few zests of the lime and cilantro leaves to garnish.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
That’s all there is to it. It will keep a few days in the fridge, thickening slightly.
I bet the folks over at Fiesta Friday would find this useful. It’s Fiesta Friday #438, a virtual (can you believe how many things are still virtual!?) blogging party that predates Covid. Angie hosts the party. Click on the link to find ideas for celebrating the 4th, decorating your home, or keeping the kids busy with crafts now that school is out.