Sometimes you need instant food and this fits the bill. The title is boring, but it exactly describes this no carb dish and vegetable stir fry. You could always add some leftover rotisserie chicken or baked tofu to make it a one dish meal. Wrap it in a tortilla or serve it over rice if your current diet allows it.
I used some time saving ingredients; a package of riced broccoli and cauliflower, and a package of angel hair cabbage. All that is needed in addition is a large onion, a knob of fresh ginger, a clove of garlic, some tamari or soy sauce, plus a little oil to start the stir fry. This is very quick, maybe 10 minutes in all.
- I large onion, cut in half top to bottom and cut into half moons
- 1 package of riced cauliflower or riced broccoli or one with a combination – I used Earthbound Farm organic Cauliflower and Broccoli riced veggies (16 oz package)
- 1 package of finely shredded green cabbage (mine was 10 oz)
- 1 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large clove of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- about 2 – 3 tablespoons of tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, I used coconut
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan on medium heat
- When shimmering, add the ginger and fry until light brown on each side
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute or so, you want a golden brown
- Add the onion and stir to mix, cook (stirring every so often) until wilted and starting to brown.
- Add the riced vegetables, cook for 2 – 3 minutes
- Add the cabbage and continue to cook until it is softened, a couple of minutes
- Add the soy sauce to taste
It’s almost embarrassingly easy.
If you have some mushrooms laying around you could add them. Slice them thinly and add them with the sliced cabbage.
I served it with a few slices of medium rare steak cooked on the grill.
A perfect no or low carb quick meal.
Do you think the folks at Fiesta Friday would like this? This week it is Fiesta Friday #314 hosted by Angie and co-hosted by me. Drop on by to read the great recipes and craft ideas.