I’m on a roll with the Seedy Seasoning Mix, this time with roast carrots and a spicy harissa garlic mayonnaise. The combination of sweet roast carrots, spicy garlic sauce, and crunchy seeds is quite delightful. The original recipe called for dukkah but I think it is just as wonderful with my seedy mix. You can substitute dukkah if you have it and haven’t had a chance to make yourself a batch of seedy mix.
Roast Carrots with Harissa Aioli and Seedy Mix
- 2 bunches of skinny carrots, scrubbed and trimmed. Cut any large ones in half lengthwise. Since the carrots I used were young, I didn’t peel them.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of seedy seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup ofHarissa Aioli
- 3/4 cup of good quality mayonnaise
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon of Harissa sauce
- Mix the mayonnaise with the garlic and harissa sauce in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and place one rack in the upper third of the oven
- On a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, toss the carrots with the olive oil and honey, season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the carrots, turning once, until brown and tender. This will take anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes depending on their size.
- Transfer the carrots to a warm serving platter, sprinkle with the seeds and add a few small spoons of the garlic mayonnaise. Serve any extra mayonnaise on the side.
Recipe inspired by one in Seven Spoons.